- About Us
- Case Studies
SSCO Shanghai Head Office
Stenvall Skoeld & Company (China) Limited
4th Floor 139 No. 1 Ruijin Road
Huangpu District, Shanghai
Tel: +86 (21) 6136 6008
Analyst – Mergers & Acquisitions (商业顾问)
Stenvall Skoeld & Company
Stenvall Skoeld & Company is a strategic advisory firm specialized in China-related mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and investments. Our clients include corporations and private equity firms investing in China, as well as China-based companies expanding overseas. Stenvall Skoeld & Company’s head office is located in Shanghai.
Stenvall Skoeld & Company is looking for an Analyst to join our M&A Practice in Shanghai. Stenvall Skoeld & Company’s M&A Practice helps clients execute China-related mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and alliances. We provide deal-makers with a proven M&A approach that is strategy-led, fact-based and adapted to the local deal-making environment. Our methodology relies heavily on primary research.
The Analyst position is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a solid educational and one to three years professional experience to pursue a career within corporate development and M&A.
Analysts form a key part of our project teams. Once trained, Analysts are challenged with demanding projects critical to the firm’s success. Analysts spend significant time gaining market knowledge in areas of interest to our clients. Analysts are also expected to make significant contributions to strategic decisions. Analysts work under the guidance of a project manager in teams of three to six consultants.
The Analyst positions involve frequent project-related travel for, often for extended periods of time. The positions are viewed as a platform for advancement to senior positions within the firm.
ResponsibilitiesM&A project execution
- Desk research: Identify data sources; collect and analyze data and information to answer key questions
- Primary research: Set up, prepare, and conduct interviews with companies, consumers, industry experts and influencers
- Analysis: Examine and evaluate information and draw relevant conclusions
- Strategic thinking: Think creatively about how we can help our clients achieve their goals; synthesize conclusions into recommendations
- Creating deliverables: Prepare client deliverables and other practice development material
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, white papers, research reports, etc.
- Developing the firm: Contribute to improvement of processes, creation of new tools, etc.
Internal accounting support
Other assignments by the firm’s Directors
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree from a competitive school and strong academic record, preferably in accounting or finance
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in China
- Previous experience in corporate M&A, transaction services, strategy, market research, investment banking, or private equity is a plus
- Native Chinese speaker or non-native speakers with exceptional Chinese language abilities
- Ability to understand and analyze financial statement and reports (working towards CPA, CFA or similar qualification is a plus)
- Fluent English (read, write, and speak)
- Microsoft Office Suite expertise, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Keen interest in learning about mergers and acquisitions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Team skills
- Effective written and oral communication
- Detail oriented
- Keen customer service mentality
- Strong work ethic and flexible
- Positive attitude
- Commitment to colleagues and clients
Reasons to work for us
- Be part of an entrepreneurial and team oriented culture designed to award achievement while creating an exciting and enjoyable work environment.
- Develop expertise in corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions
- Master a wide range of business skills
- Work with highly talented peers
- Assume a high level of responsibility
- Work with leading multinational corporations and private equity houses
- Experience immediate visible results to your advice
Qualified applicants should email English and Chinese versions of their CV and cover letter to Mr. Carl-Johan Skoeld at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject field of the email should read “Analyst Shanghai”.