Associate – Mergers & Acquisitions (咨询顾问)
Stenvall Skoeld & Company
Stenvall Skoeld & Company is a strategic advisory firm specialized in China-related mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and investments. Our clients include corporations and private equity firms investing in China, as well as China-based companies expanding overseas. Stenvall Skoeld & Company’s head office is located in Shanghai.
Stenvall Skoeld & Company is looking for an Associate to join our M&A Practice in Shanghai. Stenvall Skoeld & Company’s M&A Practice helps clients execute China-related mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and alliances. We provide deal-makers with a proven M&A approach that is strategy-led, fact-based and adapted to the local deal-making environment. Our methodology relies heavily on primary research.
The Associate position is an excellent opportunity for candidates with a solid professional background in either accounting/auditing (preferably Big 4), or strategy/corporate development to move into M&A and strategic advisory.
Associates form a fundamental part of our team. They conduct primary and secondary research to understand companies and markets. Once trained and experienced in our ways of working, associates manage portions of projects within their area of expertise.
Associates work under the guidance of a project manager in teams of three to six consultants. The Associate position involves frequent project-related travel, often for extended periods of time.
The Associate position is viewed as a platform for advancement to senior positions within the firm.
ResponsibilitiesM&A project execution
- Desk research: Plan research approach, conduct and analyze data and formulate key questions to answer
- Primary research: Set up, prepare, and conduct interviews with business leaders, consumers, industry experts and influencers
- Manage workstreams: lead portions of projects, plan work, lead and coach junior team-members (analysts)
- Analysis: Examine and evaluate information and draw relevant conclusions
- Strategic thinking: Think creatively about how we can help our clients achieve their goals; synthesize conclusions into recommendations
- Prepare client deliverables
- Take an active role in developing white papers, research reports, etc.
- Contribute in writing proposals
- Contribute to improvement of processes, creation of new tools, etc.
Other assignments by the firm’s Directors
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree (preferable) from a competitive school and strong academic record, preferably in accounting or finance
- At least 3-5 year of relevant work experience, preferably at a big-4 or leading Chinese CPA
- Financial commercial due diligence experience an advantage
- CPA qualification or previous experience in corporate M&A, strategy, market research, investment banking, or private equity is a plus
- Native Chinese speaker or non-native speakers with exceptional Chinese language abilities
- Ability to understand and analyze financial statement and annual reports
- Fluent English (read, write, and speak)
- Microsoft Office Suite expertise, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Keen interest in learning about mergers and acquisitions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Team skills
- Effective written and oral communication
- Detail oriented
- Keen customer service mentality
- Strong work ethic and flexible
- Positive attitude
- Commitment to colleagues and clients
Reasons to work for us
- Be part of an entrepreneurial and team oriented culture designed to award achievement while creating an exciting and enjoyable work environment.
- Develop expertise in corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions
- Master a wide range of business skills
- Work with highly talented peers
- Assume a high level of responsibility
- Work with leading multinational corporations and private equity houses
- Experience immediate visible results to your advice
Qualified applicants should email English and Chinese versions of their CV and cover letter to Mr. Carl-Johan Skoeld at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject field of the email should read “Associate Shanghai”.